DEADLINES – REALISTIC, YET CHALLANGING
- Example of unrealistic: “We need it YESTERDAY”
- Example of Challenging: 7 days and we develop ALL content on a 15 page website.
THINGS TO CONSIDER IN SETTING A WEBSITE DEADLINE
- Time to find images, free images take significantly longer to find that premium images, because there are fewer of them.
- Time to find fonts, especially true for website graphics
- Availability of Client. If your are not giving freedom of design, you will need to be available for questions and decisions to be made during the site build. By available, we mean either by smart phone or email.
- Every step requires a certain amount of time, we can’t lump steps together and cut corners and expect good and stable results.
- As in graphics we may design something and not like the way it looks once laid out, and we may redesign to give you the very best results. It could be the third concept is the way to go. Kindly give consideration for creative flow, its not a straight line process.
- Research is often involved when developing content, research takes time.
- Research is also involved in applying SEO to your site, we need to research your competitors to determine the best way to get your site found by the search engines.